5 Ways to Increase Energy Naturally
Do you ever find yourself feeling lethargic & fatigued? I used to feel this way all the time. Before I began a Paleo lifestyle, started working out and lost 75 pounds, I was feeling terrible. Not only was my self-esteem down but I lacked my usual energy and passion for life.
If this sounds like you, I can help. I want to share five very powerful (and natural!) ways you can increase your energy and feel good again. They worked for me, and they may work for you, too – so give them a try!
1. Choose “energy” foods. Even if you’re trying to lose weight, never forget that calories aren’t just something to be counted and cut out – they’re actually energy. If you want to feel energetic, EAT! And choosing the right food is crucial. Typically, foods high in protein will do the best, so when it comes to between-meal snacking, natural peanut or almond butter on half an apple, a slice of chicken or some almonds are a great choice. Complex carbs will do it, too, so if you feel like baking some sweet potato – do it.
2. Always eat breakfast. Breakfast gives you an early morning energy boost that can carry you throughout the rest of your day. For best results, choose foods that are high in fiber, complex carbs and protein. A boiled egg, fruit or even a green smoothie are all good options.
3. You need magnesium. Many times, a lack of energy is caused by a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium plays a vital role in our body’s ability to break down glucose and transform it into energy. If you don’t get enough in your diet, it can start to affect your energy and activity levels almost immediately. To fix this, start eating more foods that are magnesium-rich like: raw spinach, bananas, brown rice, avocado, fish, and almonds.
4. Get exercising. Exercising is the quickest, most sure-fire way to improve energy – both physically and mentally. You don’t even have to do it rigorously to feel the effects; just a quick walk around the block or a bike ride through the park will do it!
5. Ditch the energy vampires. You got it: don’t hang with people that don’t elevate your mood, energy, and Life. Some people can make you feel so stressed in their presence that they cause a stress reaction in your body, and this is what we call “energy vampires.” And stress is the biggest energy drain of all. This kind of stress can burn out the adrenals, and when the adrenals are burned out, you have zero energy. If you aren’t sure if someone’s negative enough to affect your energy levels, simply analyze how you feel in their presence. If, after a few minutes together you feel like you want to take a nap, or if your energy suddenly bottoms out, that’s a telling sign.
Want more ways to boost your energy and get out of that lethargic, sluggish rut? Stay tuned for more tips and healthy recipes later this week!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!