Burn Calories at the Office
A huge part of losing weight, getting fit, and feeling good about ourselves comes from exercise, but finding time to workout can be hard – especially if you work a 9 to 5 job.
If you’re stuck at an office desk all day, hunched over a keyboard, typing away, and you get absolutely no physical activity whatsoever (other than maybe walking to the bathroom or to your car for lunch), it’s time to make a change.
There are actually quite a few ways you can work in quick, subtle exercises that can make the world of difference. They can burn calories, energize you, and give you the extra push you need to get healthy.
Want to burn calories while you’re at work?
- Have a “walking meeting” – For one-on-one meetings, opt out of using the conference room and try a walking meeting instead. Just take a few laps around the building, discuss the topics at hand, and get your heart rate up a bit while you take care of business.
- Invest in a standing desk or balance ball – These both offer good ways to work your core, burn calories, and improve your posture while doing desk work.
- Get a hand-gripper or small dumbbell – These are both easy to use while working. Just work one arm at a time while the other holds the phone or takes notes.
- Take the stairs – Forget using elevators and escalators (unless you’re in a skyscraper), and take the stairs wherever possible. It gives you a quick way to work your legs and jump-start your energy.
- Take breaks – At least once every hour take a mini fitness break. Take a quick walk around the office or make a lap around the building. It may not feel like much, but it all helps and it all counts.
- Watch your posture – If you’re in an office chair or sitting at a desk, focus on sitting up straight and properly. This can do wonders for strengthening your core and back muscles over time.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!