Don’t Get the Flu!
Flu season is upon us and it’s time to start protecting ourselves – and our families – from catching it.Luckily you don’t have to see a doctor or get a vaccine in order to do this. There are natural, easy ways you can improve your health in the comfort of your own home.
Natural Remedies to Help Keep You from Getting Sick during Flu Season:
- Wash your hands often. Washing your hands is crucial to fighting off the season’s flu bug. The more you wash your hands the fewer germs you’re going to carry around. By washing your hands a lot you can be rest assured that you won’t transfer flu germs to your mouth, your food, or other people.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hands. Think of how many things your hands touch every day – doorknobs, computer keyboards, your kids…. You transfer germs to everything and everyone if you cough and sneeze into your hands. Instead, definitely sneeze into your elbow – a rarely used area that won’t spread your germs even further.
- Amp up the herbs. A number of herbs are known for their preventative properties. Garlic, for example, contains a sulfur compound called allicin, which has anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Ginseng also protects your health and is particularly powerful in warding off respiratory issues. Ginger also contains antiviral compounds, as well as chemicals that fight off rhinoviruses, which often lead to the common cold. Tumeric and Vitamin C are also wise choices. Check with your nutritionist to see what’s best for you.
- Eat lots of mushrooms. Mushrooms, particularly maitake, reishi and shitake, are known to improve the immune system and defend the body from bacteria. Try working them into as many meals as possible during flu season.
- Get more Omega 3s. Omega 3s, commonly known as fish oil, have immense immune-fortifying properties. They increase the body’s phagocytes which eat up bacteria in the body. Eat fish 3 times per week, or if you’re not a fan seafood, take an Omega 3 supplement.
Want to keep from getting sick this flu season? Then start working these natural remedies into your daily life. They’ll help you – and your family – stay healthy, happy and flu-free all year round.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!