Easy Stress Relieving Exercises You Can Do in 20 Minutes
We’ve all heard that exercise is a great stress reliever, right? Well, here’s the problem with that: when you’re stressed, it’s typically because you have a lot on your plate. You’re busy, you have a ton to do, and you just don’t have time to spend hours at the gym working out your issues.
I’ve been there.
Fortunately, I’ve learned that you don’t need to dedicate a whole ton of time to exercising in order to enjoy its stress-relieving benefits. In fact, I’ve even narrowed down some quick, 20-minutes-or-less workouts that can calm you down, set your mind at ease and help you say goodbye to that all-consuming stress.
Next time you feel the stress coming on, try these easy stress relieving exercises:
- Take a walk around the block – This gets your heart rate up for a bit, and it lets you get out into nature. Sunlight is a natural stress-buster, so this gives you double the bang for your buck. You can even do it at work; just swap your coffee break for a quick trek around the parking lot or building.
- Stretch your head and neck – Most people hold tension in their neck and shoulders. Take a few minutes to roll your head from side to side. Gently hold it to one side with your hand, stretching out the muscles on the other side. Then switch, and repeat. You can even give yourself a little mini shoulder rub to really kick that stress to the curb.
- Get dancing – Put on your favorite song, drop everything and just get into the music. Close the door and dance around your office, dance with your dog in the living room, or go wild and dance in front of the mirror. Dancing is a great way to lift tension, and with your favorite music on, it’s an even more mood-boosting activity.
- Do a mini yoga session – Get on the floor a do a few cat, cow and downward dog poses. These stretch out your muscles, relieving the tension held within them, and it helps you control your breathing, which can also help calm you down in a pinch.
- Get jumping – Jumping jacks are a great substitute for a jog, when you don’t have the time. They get your heart rate up, they help you work up a sweat and they get those endorphins going – a must if you want to beat stress. So clear some space, and do few sets!
Next time you’re feeling stressed, give these quick little exercises a whirl. You’d be surprised at how much better you feel in just a few minutes!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!