How to Get Rid of Underarm Fat
It’s an area virtually every one of us wants to improve: the underarm. When you wave, it jiggles. When you put your hand on your head, it jiggles. You just can’t seem to stop it! No matter what you do, how many curls you get in, or how well you diet, that underarm fat just won’t seem to go away!
Lucky for you, I’ve picked up quite a few tricks along the way that can help fight that annoying underarm fat and get you toned, fit arms in no time. Try a few of these, and let me know what you think:
- Do body weight exercises – Body weight exercises are a great way to tone up the arms. The best choices are push-ups, planks and pull-ups.
- Try pilates – Pilates is a fun and effective way to lean out those underarm areas – as well as other stubborn parts of your body. It works your muscles on a number of planes and levels, and it helps lengthen and strengthen them quickly.
- Use dumbbells – Invest in a good set of dumbbells (not huge ones – maybe 5-10 pounds each), check out some of the ones I use and start doing daily sets of presses and flies.
- Get in that cardio – Toning up those arms isn’t just done in the weight room. If you want to lose fat and cellulite in the area, you need to be doing cardio, too. Work in a run a few times a week, or do a spin class at your local gym.
- Do arm circles – On a daily basis, do what are called “arm circles” with each arm. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and extend your arms straight out to your sides. Rotate each one in a circle 12-15 times, and do four sets: two rotating forward and two rotating backward.
- Start dipping – When you’re on the treadmill – before or after your run – do 10-12 dips on the side handle bars. Put on hand on each bar, and lift your feet off the ground, bending them at the knees. Then, slowly lower your body down and back up. This works your entire arm – including that frustrating underarm area!
I hope these moves work for you! I’ll be back next week to share more great healthy tips and nutrition advice that can get you even closer to that healthy, hot body you’re dreaming of, so stay tuned!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!