Getting In Shape a NYE Resolution? Here’s How to Get Started!
On New Year’s Eve, millions of Americans vow to get in shape, lose weight, or just get healthier in the coming year. And while many of them will achieve those goals, sadly not everyone will be successful.
If you’re one of the many who’ve resolved to improve your health in 2015, I want to make certain that YOU one of the Success Stories.
To start, I want to help you kick-start your fitness routine for the year. I know it can be hard to get started and stay motivated – especially when it’s cold outside. All you want to do is stay inside and watch a good movie or read by the fireplace.
But as tempting as that sounds, let me tell you: the end results of getting fit are totally worth the extra effort. Here are a few tips to help you beat the temptation to skip your workout, and help you get started on your fitness journey:
- Invest in some great workout clothes – Go out and buy yourself some new workout clothes. Make sure they’re comfortable, well-fitting, and you feel great in them. Get some new pants, a well fitting sports bra, and new running shoes. Having workout clothes that you like to wear will help get you more excited about your workouts, and that’s a great place to start.
- Try it all – When you’re just starting out, take the first few weeks to really figure out what you like to do and which ones aren’t for you. Try out different classes, like Zumba, yoga, barre3 or even a dance class. Then hit the gym and try working out with a trainer. The next day, go for a jog in the park or take a spin class. You don’t want working out to be a burden – something you dread doing every day. You want to find something you actually LIKE doing. Once you do that your workouts can be something you get excited about and look forward to.
- Enlist a friend – Having a workout buddy is one of the best choices you can make because you can keep each other motivated and accountable for your workouts. Working out with a friend is definitely more fun. You can talk on your way to the gym, spot each other with free weights, and dance next to each other in class. As an added bonus, you can also bet they’ll be eating healthier too, so your weekly girls’ nights will become much more nutritious as a result.
- Go easy on yourself – Don’t feel like you have to work out 7 days a week. Go easy on your body and give it time to adjust, rest, and recover. If you push too hard and too far, you’ll find yourself unable to do your workouts at all – and that will make your goals almost impossible.
- Enjoy the process – Your goal might be to lose 50 pounds, but don’t roll your eyes at a 10-pound loss because that’s incredible! Make sure you’re acknowledging the healthy changes you’re making and the steps you’re taking toward your goals. Be good to yourself and stay positive. Definitely give yourself a pat on the back when you see change and transformation!
I hope these pointers help motivate you toward achieving your health and fitness goals this year. Stay tuned for some tips on kick-starting your healthy eating habits in the coming days.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!