Healthy Snacks on the Go
One of the hardest parts of eating healthy is doing it on-the-go, so I always give my health and wellness clients a healthy snacks shopping list (to keep in their cars for when they go grocery shopping) of great to-go snacks that are both nutritious and delicious.
Here’s some of the foods on The Healthy Snack Shopping List (Stock your fridge and pantry with these snacks and you’ll never struggle with unhealthy snacking again.)
- Trail mix – No, I don’t mean the kind full of M&Ms, chocolate and other sweets. I mean the healthier stuff – the kind with nuts, pumpkin seeds and dried berries (with no added sugars or other additives). These are easy to grab on your way out the door, and they deliver fiber, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- Bananas – Nature’s to-go food! It’s already wrapped up and ready for you to stuff in your bag or briefcase. Just peel and enjoy.
- Organic berries and grapes – Keep these in your fridge, and you’ve always got a great snack on hand. Just grab a quick handful and you’re ready to go.
- Kale and zucchini chips – When you have a spare moment, slice zucchini or kale and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with finely ground sea salt. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes (flipping halfway through). Once they’ve cooled, put them in small bags by the handful. The next time you want a healthy, crunchy snack in a flash, you’ve got one.
- Celery, apples, nectarines, plums, and carrot sticks – are easy and fast to-go foods to grab on your way out the door, and they won’t make a mess in your car.
Survival Tip: Always keep a couple of easy-open cans of tuna and a fork in the console of your car in case of emergency. You know the kind – you’re stuck in crazy traffic and you’re STARVING. Don’t pull off to get processed snacks or fast food! Just eat your emergency can of tuna. Better yet, always take your healthy food and snacks with you in Tupperware containers. You’re welcome.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!