Green Tea is the Fountain of Youth
If you’re looking to improve your health or slim down, this superfood beverage is definitely something to work into your daily routine. Just one or two cups a day can have serious effects.
The benefits include:
- It gives you tons of minerals, vitamins, and compounds that your body needs. Green tea has tons of flavonoids and catechins, which ward off free radicals and help you fight off disease.
- It can increase your metabolism. The polyphenols found in green tea can increase your body’s levels of fat oxidation and speed up your metabolism – up to 17 percent. So if you’re looking to drop a few pounds, it can help with that, too!
- It can stave off health conditions and disease. Green tea has been shown to regulate blood glucose levels, which can keep away diabetes and other insulin-related disease. It also fights off high blood pressure, clot formation and heart disease.
- It can improve brain function. The caffeine in green tea blocks adenosine, which is a neurotransmitter in the brain. This increases the rate at which your brain can fire off neurons, meaning it can work faster and do more.
- It can lower your chance of cancer. Studies have shown the antioxidants in green tea can significantly lower rates of breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer.
- It kills off bacteria and infection. The catechins in green tea are known to kill of bacteria and stop viruses in their tracks – especially the flu. It also helps ward off bacteria in the mouth, which can improve overall dental health and prevent cavities.
The power of green tea is truly amazing. It’s helps keep you youthful, energized, and healthy! If you’re not already, trying work a cup or two into your daily routine. Switch out your morning coffee for a mug of hot tea, or have a glass after lunch for a little afternoon pick me up. It’s just one small change, but it can make a world of difference!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!