Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Jumpstart Your Day
We’ve all heard the saying “breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” right? Well, it’s true! Breakfast jump-starts your metabolism and it plays a huge role in your energy levels for the rest of the day. Eat the wrong thing (sugary cereal, buttery waffles, etc.), and you’ll feel sluggish and tired. Eat the right thing, and you’ll be alert, clear, and at the top of your game.
Want to start your day off on the right foot? Here are a few healthy breakfast ideas to try this week:
- Eggs – If you have the time, cook up a few eggs for breakfast. They offer tons of protein, so you’ll stay full longer, and they’re super versatile. Add in some veggies and make a scramble, put some salsa on top for a spicy kick, or just eat them plain with some fruit. If you’re super strapped for time, eat a boiled egg or two. (Be sure to boil a batch over the weekend, and just eat them throughout the week.)
- Avocado – Avocados are super filling, and they’re also full of great healthy fats that your body needs. Fill half an avocado with an egg or breakfast sausage for breakfast on-the-go.
- Fruit – An apple, orange, or bowl of berries is the perfect way to start the day. They fill you up, and they give your body lots of vitamins and nutrients right off the bat. Plus, their natural sugars will help wake you up and give you energy!
- Green Smoothie – Green smoothies are a great way to pack a lot of nutrients into one meal. Throw some spinach, a cucumber, some berries, and a piece of fruit into a blender, and turn it on the “liquefy” setting. Add in some coconut or almond milk, and you’re good to go! You can even take it with you as you get ready, hit the carpool lane, or drive to work.
- Bacon – Who doesn’t like delicious crispy bacon in the morning? If you have a few minutes, cook up a few slices, and eat with some fruit or eggs. If you’re on a tight schedule, take a muffin tin, line each hole with bacon, crack an egg into each, and bake on 350. Put on your makeup, get dressed, or get the kids ready while it cooks, and eat it on the go as you walk out!
If it’s the weekend (and you have some time on your hands), you can even get creative and try one of these more involved breakfast recipes: Sausage “Biscuits” or Banana Pancakes. Check back in tomorrow for more healthy eating help. I’ll be sharing another of my favorite recipes!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!