Herbal Teas: The Perfect Alternative to Caffeine
Remember when I talked about caffeine, and the devastating effects it can have on your body? How it can cause insomnia, anxiety, bone loss and even high cholesterol? Well today, I want to share with you some great alternatives that you can work into your daily routine to replace those nasty caffeinated drinks.
Now, I know how many of you are probably addicted to your morning cup of coffee, but as hard as it may sound, you can break the habit – and herbal teas can help. The same goes is you’re a Diet Coke addict or a sweet tea fanatic.
Though herbal teas might not taste the same as your Pumpkin Spice Latte or your Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, over time your body will thank you for it. You’ll feel more energized, you’ll sleep better, you’ll have better digestion and overall health.
Here are a few herbal teas to get you started:
- Chamomile – This soothing tea is great for calming nerves and easing aches and pains. It’s also full of antioxidants, it can prevent diabetes and kidney damage, and it can even help with monthly cramps for the ladies!
- Hibiscus – A floral tea, this baby can lower blood pressure and improve overall circulation – both of which will help keep you energized longer.
- Rooibos – This tea has a fruity and floral taste, and it’s full of flavonoids that help your body fight cancer and other potential diseases and conditions.
- Ginger – This crisp, bright tea will wake you up in an instant. It can also help reduce stress, relieve nausea and help with circulation.
- Lemongrass – Lemongraass tea not only relieves headaches and bloating, it can also help with exhaustion, giving you that extra burst of energy you need.
- Peppermint – This spicy, fresh tea is great for digestion, fighting off colds and even relieving symptoms of menopause. It also gives you minty fresh breath, and who can argue with that?
These are just a few herbal teas to get you started. Try working a few into your daily routine this week, and slowly weed out those dangerous caffeinated beverages. You’ll feel better for it!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!