How to Love Your Body – No Matter What
If you don’t love yourself – both inside and out – you will never experience true joy.
If you don’t love yourself your self-confidence will be low, you won’t be willing to put yourself out there or take risks, you won’t be able to love anyone else fully and completely, and you won’t feel good in your own skin.
It’s not a good place to be.
Fortunately, it’s never too late to change. You can start loving yourself – and your body – today, and see the world of changes it can bring in your mind, body and soul.
- Buy clothing based on how it makes you feel. Forget about sizes and labels; choose clothing and under garments that fit you comfortably and make you feel good. I’m obsessed with being comfortable. It may look good on, but if it doesn’t feel good – it’s difficult to move in or the fabric isn’t soft – I won’t wear it.
- Have fun and dance for YOU. Getting exercise won’t just help you burn calories; it will also help you feel confident and comfortable in your own skin. Choose an activity that can be sensual, like salsa dancing or pole dancing. Order a pole off the internet, have it installed, and become an exotic dancer in the privacy of your own home. I promise you, it’s fun.
- Be your own best friend. As cheesy as this sounds, before you get in the shower, stand in front of the mirror and acknowledge how beautiful you are. Point out to yourself the things that make you different, beautiful and unique. Do you have some extra curves and loose skin from having children? Those curves and that skin is absolutely beautiful! I remember the days when I refused to look at my own body in the mirror because I was so unhappy with the way I looked (and felt). Nowadays, even though I have stretch marks and cellulite, and more body fat than is “ideal,” I look in the mirror with gratitude and kindness. I’m healthy. I’m happy. I’m a mother to the most amazing two children, and I have a husband that drives me crazy – but that I’m crazy about. Life is beautiful and so am I. “Perfection” is a farce, an airbrushed illusion I choose not to buy into. I am perfect just as I am. Be good to yourself. You’re the best friend you will ever have.
- Stay positive with friends. Women are notorious for complaining about their bodies or certain parts of it. If your friends start to do this, don’t join in. Instead, point out the healthy and beautiful things you admire about your friends to shift the energy from negative to positive.
- Think of your body as a temple. It exists so that YOU (your spirit and soul) can achieve your dreams, and it’s how you start your family and take care of your family. Your body is a truly amazing and wonderful thing you’ve been blessed with, so love and honor it.
- Listen to your body. Start to get in tune with what your body is feeling and needing. Eat when you feel hungry. Take a nap when you feel tired. Grab a shower when you feel dirty. Getting in tune with these body signals (instead of ignoring them) will bring about greater awareness, harmony, and self love.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!