Paleo Omelet: Perfect for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner!
As promised, it’s time for another delicious Paleo recipe to help you on your quest to losing that extra weight, getting fit, and improving your health. Today, we’re going to make some shrimp and avocado omelets. Quick, easy, and perfect for any meal of the day, you’re going to love them. For those of you with shellfish allergies, simply substitute pieces of grilled chicken (or anything else you wish to use).
What You’ll Need:
- ¼ lb. peeled, de-veined and de-tailed shrimp
- 1 tomato, diced up into small pieces (think pico-sized)
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- ½ an avocado, cut into small squares
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
How to Make it:
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tsp. coconut oil and throw the shrimp in. Cook until they’re pink all the way through, and then remove them from the pan. Chop each shrimp into small, bite-size pieces. These will be going in your omelet.
- In a small bowl, gently mix up the tomato, avocado and cilantro. Add the salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, and add the remaining coconut oil. Once it melts, pour in half your egg mixture, and tilt the pan until it covers the entire bottom surface.
- Once eggs are firm, add your shrimp and the remaining half of the egg mixture. After that layer has cooked through, add the tomato, avocado and cilantro mixture on top. Fold the omelet in half and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Now remove your omelet from the pan, and eat it all up! 🙂
Omelets are a great choice when following a Paleo diet. Again, though this recipe calls for shrimp and avocado, but feel free to use anything you wish: chicken, steak, sausage, or even experiment with different seasonings. You can also make it vegetarian and only use veggies. The options are endless!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! And as always, stay tuned to DiviniRae.com for more healthy tips and recipes in the near future!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!