Paleo Recipe of the Week: Chicken Curry Soup
Today’s Paleo recipe honors those fall traditions, and offers up a delicious, hearty dish that the whole family can enjoy. Best of all, it makes a large batch, so you can keep some in the fridge for cold nights, weekend lunches, or just a quick meal to take to the office.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large roma tomatoes, fired under the broiler until charred
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 1/3 cups almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond slivers
- Heat your coconut oil in a pot, and add in your onions. Cook until the onions have become translucent, then add in the sweet potatoes and squash. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir.
- Once the squash and potato have begun to soften, add in the curry powder, ginger, garlic, thyme, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Stir, cook up about 3 minutes, then add in the chicken broth, charred tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Now, turn the heat up, and bring the entire pot to a boil. Once boiling, add in your shredded chicken and almond butter, and combine gently. Turn the heat to a low simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Now, add in the vinegar, green onions and cilantro. Cook for 2 minutes – just enough to warm the new ingredients up – and season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve piping hot in a bowl, and top with your toasted almond slivers.
Not only is this meal perfect for a chilly fall night, it’s also extremely easy, healthy and delicious. What more could you ask for?
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!