Paleo Recipe of the Week: Cucumber Roast Beef Sandwich
If you’re like me, you probably have a craving for a sandwich once in a while. Unfortunately, most “gluten free” breads are full additives and preservatives we don’t want, and they don’t even taste that great to begin with – so what’s the point? Fortunately, I’ve found a really great alternative to these dry, tasteless breads – and it’s totally Paleo, too!
Cucumbers make a great faux-bread substitute, and they’re extremely easy to prepare. Just check out this Paleo recipe for a roast beef sandwich, and try it out yourself.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ pound sliced, grass-fed roast beef (you may have to go to your health food store’s deli counter for this one)
- 2 large cucumbers
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into thin slices
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- Any condiments you like (mustard has the most health benefits)
- Cut the cucumbers in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and hollow out a U-shaped hole all the way down each half.
- On two of the cucumber halves, pile on your roast beef and top with the lettuce, tomato, carrots, red bell pepper and condiments.
- Top each with a second cucumber half, and eat like a sandwich!
If you’re not a fan of cucumber skin, you can also peel them before making the sandwiches. Just make note: they’ll be a little slippery and harder to handle. I hope this Paleo-friendly sandwich satisfies your cravings! Check back next week for another delicious recipe.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!