Paleo Recipe of the Week: Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream
Yesterday, we talked about getting your kids on board with the Paleo lifestyle. So in keeping with that theme, I’d like to share with you a delicious, easy Paleo recipe that your kids will love: strawberry ice cream.
Now, unless you have an ice maker at home, this recipe is going to take a few hours to complete. (Don’t worry, it’s mostly just checking the freezer every once in a while!) But this healthy, all natural and dairy-free treat is totally worth it.
And best of all? Your kids will ADORE you for it.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 regular sized container of strawberries
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. raw honey or agave syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Cut the stems off the strawberries, wash them, and mash them up in a small bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients, and stir together using a rubber spatula.
- Fill up a larger bowl with ice water, and put the bowl with your ice cream mixture directly in it. Let it chill for about 20 minutes
- Get out a jelly roll pan or cake pan, and pour your ice cream mixture in. Spread it out evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in your freezer for about 45 minutes. Then, check the mixture. If it has started to freeze around the edges, mix it up with hand mixer and spread it out with your spatula again.
- Place in the freezer for another 30 minutes, and repeat. Continue doing this until the ice cream has completely frozen. This should be about 2-3 hours.
Once it’s frozen, it’s ready to serve! Throw some fresh blueberries on top for an extra kick, or even add some raw cacao chunks for a chocolate chip-like experience. I promise, whatever you do, your kids will love it!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!