Real Food Recipe: Fish Tacos
We recently talked about just how great fish is for your body and your overall health. Today, I want to share with you a great recipe that helps you incorporate that fish in an easy, fun, and delicious way.
Here’s what you’ll need for the “tortillas”:
- 8 eggs
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup, plus 3 tbsp. gluten free flour (coconut flour, arrowroot, almond, rice)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
And for the tacos:
- 1 lb. Salmon, Tilapia, Mahi Mahi – or whatever fish you choose
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. of Paprika
- 1⁄4 Tsp. of Salt
- 1⁄4 Tsp. of Pepper
- 1⁄4 Tsp. of Cayenne Pepper
- 1⁄4 Tsp. of Onion Powder
- 1⁄4 Tsp. of Cumin
- 1 Tsp. of Olive Oil
- The first step is to make the tortillas. To start, melt your coconut oil and whisk it into your eggs in a large-sized bowl. Add half a cup of flour and stir until well-blended. Next, add in the remaining flour, the baking soda and the salt and combine until there are no lumps left.
- Next, heat up a frying pan over medium heat. Add about a quarter-cup of your batter to the pan, and spread it out so that it covers roughly the entire bottom of the pan. Cook it for about one minute, and use a rubber spatula to peel the tortilla away, flip it, and cook it on the other side for additional minute. (Like a crepe)
- Remove the tortilla from the pan, and set aside to cool. Continue until all your batter has been used.
- Now, onto the fish. With a sharp knife, cube your fish into one-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine all the spices, and mix thoroughly. Then, toss your fish cubes into it, until they’re covered on all sides.
- Heat up a large pan, and melt 2 tsp. of coconut oil in it. When hot, add the fish, and cook until flaky. Make sure not to overdo it and dry the fish out.
- Once the fish are done and cooled, it’s time to serve up those tacos!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for a new healthy living post. You won’t want to miss what I’ve got in store!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!