Real Food Recipe: Spicy Chicken Bites
Who doesn’t love chicken nuggets? They’re delicious, and easy to eat on the go! Unfortunately, most chicken nuggets you can buy are a no-go when you’re on the RFL. They’re usually highly processed, and they’re coated in flour, dipped in sugary sauces and deep fried.
I’ve got a great solution: these homemade spicy buffalo chicken bites. Reminiscent of chicken nuggets, these baked bite-size goodies have just the right amount of kick. Want to give these little bites a whirl? Here’s the RFL recipe:
- 1 lb. organic ground chicken
- 1 organic, cage free egg
- 3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. of Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour (divided in half)
- 1 ¼ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp. onion power
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup Ghee
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Whisk together ¼ cup of your flour, the onion power, garlic powder and 1tsp. of the salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chicken, egg and 2 tsp. hot sauce. Once mixed well, pour in the mixed dry ingredients, and combine lightly.
- Take one spoonful of the chicken mixture at a time, and roll it into 1-2 inch balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, be careful to spread them out evenly. Then, using the back of your spoon, press the balls into flat, nugget-like shapes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, flax seeds and ¼ tsp. salt, and dip each nugget in. Make sure to get both sides fully covered. Once coated place the nuggets back on the baking sheet, and place them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After your chicken bites have finished baking, take them one by one, and dip them in the Ghee/hot sauce mix. Place back on the baking sheet and finish in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Once the 5 minutes is up, take the baking sheet out and let your chicken bites cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, it’s time to eat! Be sure to have a large, healthy salad with your chicken bites, and maybe some berries for dessert.
Hope you enjoy this spicy meal! If you try it out, let me know what you think in the comments! And as always, I’ll see you back here tomorrow for another healthy living post!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!