Paleo Recipe of the Week: Wild Berry Crisp
I told you yesterday I’d be bringing you a great organic, Paleo recipe this week, and today I’m going to deliver! Now usually, I share full-meal recipes – ones you can use for dinner or a hearty lunch. Today, however, I want to do something a little different: a dessert!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 cups organic berries (you choose any kind your like, but I like to do a mix)
- ¼ cup, plus 3 tbsp. organic agave syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. potato starch
- 2 cups gluten-free cinnamon cereal (I like this one)
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. almond butter (or hazelnut butter, whichever is your fave)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat your over to 375. Coat a ceramic or glass dish with your coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine your berries, 3 tbsp. agave, cinnamon and potato starch, and toss until well combined. Pour mixture into the oiled dish, and place the dish in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In a new bowl, pour the cereal in and crush it into small pieces (you can use your hands or the bottom of cup). Add in the nutmeg, ¼ cup agave and stir.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, remove the berries from the oven, and top with the cereal mixture. Try to sprinkle it evenly across the entire dish, so each bite gets about the same amount of crunch.
- Pop the dish back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until it starts to brown on top. Then, remove the crisp, let it cool, and enjoy!
It’s a sweet treat you don’t have to feel guilty about! It’s healthy, organic and it has lots of nutrients and vitamins your body can use, so give it a try!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!