Paleo Recipe of the Week: Zesty Marinated Salmon
When it comes to proteins, salmon is one of the best choices you can make – especially when watching your weight. It’s full of healthy Omega-3s and amino acids, and it’s a mega-source of vitamins, offering up Vitamins A, D, B6, B and E. So in honor of this super-healthy fish, today’s Paleo recipe is all about SALMON. Try it yourself, and let me know what you think in the comments!
What you’ll need:
- 2 fillets of wild salmon
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) or garlic salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp. green onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
How to make it:
- Take the salmon filets and season both sides with the red pepper flakes and a dash of salt and pepper. Place the fillets in a baking dish lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic (or garlic salt), lemon juice, vinegar, honey, cilantro and green onions. Pour the mixture over the salmon, cover and place in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours. (The longer you leave it in, the more flavorful it will be.)
- Once you’re ready to eat, preheat your oven to 450. Drain the marinade from your salmon bowl, and move the salmon fillets (still on the parchment paper) to a flat baking sheet or broiling pan.
- Place the salmon in the preheated oven, and bake for 6 minutes. Then, increase the oven to 500, flip the fillets and bake for another 6 minutes. When finished, the fish should be flaky and light pink.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, place on a dish, and serve with baked sweet potato and steamed vegetables.
Not sure what to cook tonight? Then give this salmon dish a whirl. I promise it won’t disappoint! And don’t forget, check back in tomorrow for more health and nutrition inspiration.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!