Choosing the Real Food LIfestyle? Always Keep These Foods in the Kitchen
- Shelf-stable proteins – You only have so much room in your fridge for fresh meat, and you don’t always have the time you need to cook it. A great solution is to stock up on organic shelf- stable proteins like canned tuna and canned salmon. Cashews, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, salba seeds, and other nuts and seeds are all great sources of proteins as well.
- Eggs – Eggs are another great way to get protein quickly and easily. Get a dozen (or more) each week and boil at least half of them. If you’re ever in a hurry and need a quick snack or easy fix of protein, just peel and eat.
- Frozen berries and fruit – Fresh fruit and vegetables are always ideal, but do keep some frozen choices on hand as well (like blueberries, strawberries, mangoes, peaches and raspberries). If your fresh produce runs out this gives you a great back-up solution so you can always blend a quick, healthy breakfast smoothie or snack.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil offers you a healthier, more natural alternative that won’t hurt your heart – or your body – in the long run. It’s also perfect for baking too, so be sure to stock up.
- Nut butters – Nut butters (like almond butter, hazelnut butter, and peanut butter) are all great, healthy snack options. Just dip some apple pieces or celery in them for a quick snack. Just be sure to watch out for added sugars and oils; try to find a natural, organic brand if possible. “Justin’s” is my favorite brand right now. Best almond butter ever.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!