Real Food Recipe: Crockpot Pulled Pork
When you don’t have the time to slave over a hot stove, consider this easy crockpot recipe instead.
What you need:
- 2 pounds grass fed pork loin
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Add everything but the meat to your crockpot, and using a whisk or fork, stir to mix thoroughly.
- Place the pork in the center, put on the lid and cook on low for at least five hours.
- When ready to eat, remove the pork from the cooker, and shred it using two forks.
You can eat this pulled pork by itself, with just a side of veggies. Or you can pile it up on a baked sweet potato, half a zucchini or butternut squash, or on top of a slice of jicama like a mini tostada. I like to top it with a little cilantro for some extra zing.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!