Real Food Lifestyle: Zesty Cajun Salmon Recipe
Salmon has amazing health benefits. It’s full of good fats, amino acids and vitamins, and it’s a great source of protein.
To help you work this healthy fish into your weekly menus, I’ve got a great Cajun-inspired recipe for you to try. It’s quick, easy and has a little kick.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 large salmon fillets, cut in half
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl, and rub evenly onto the pink, skinless side of the salmon fillets.
- In a large pan, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat, and place the salmon in, skin side facing upwards.
- Pan sear the skinless side for about 4 minutes, and once you see it begin to brown, flip the fish over. Cook the skin side for about 4 or 5 minutes, until the fish becomes flaky and done.
- Remove from the pan, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Since salmon isn’t super heavy you’ll want to pair it with a hearty side, too. I’m a fan of zucchini, sweet potato or butternut squash. Just cut them into small sticks, bake at 425, and you’ve got healthy “fries” all ready to go.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!