Real Food Recipe of the Week: Fast, Easy, Healthy: Pepper Shrimp
Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins to make. For one, it’s extremely quick to make. All it takes is a few minutes in a pan and you’ve got a delicious, homemade meal on your hands. Shrimp also contain antioxidants and they’re full of good omega-3s.
Today I’m going to share with you a great shrimp recipe that you can make in minutes so that you can try out this amazing protein, too.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb. shrimp, deveined and detailed
- 1 tbsp. Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Melt your coconut oil in a pan and toss your garlic in. Let it cook for about 2 minutes on low heat.
- Once you start smelling the garlicky aroma in your kitchen, pop the shrimp in the pan. Stir often to make sure all sides are cooked.
- After shrimp are pink all the way through (about 4-5 minutes), add in your sauces and pepper. Stir together, and saute another minute or two, until the entire mixture is warm.
- Remove the shrimp, divide them onto your plates, and top each pile of shrimp with the remaining pan sauce. Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro.
I prefer this dish with a side of roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Just toss them in coconut oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes, and pop in the oven for about 30 minutes. Hope you enjoy!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!