Real Food Recipe of the Week: Gluten-free Zucchini Brownies
Earlier this week, I shared with you some tips for healthy baking. Today, I want to give you a great recipe to go along with that knowledge.
These flourless, gluten-free, healthy brownies are simple, fast and delicious. They even have a serving of vegetables in them, so what more could you want?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini (a cheese grater works best)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350, and spray a 9×9 square pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients first (almond butter, honey, egg, vanilla), and mix thoroughly
- Then add in the zucchini, cacao nibs, and remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into your pan, and bake for about 40-45 minutes. If you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean, your brownies are done.
- Let them cool, and serve with a glass of cold almond milk.
If you want to change it up a bit, you can even add a cup of pecans or almonds to the batter, and give it some extra crunch. Stay tuned for more recipes next week.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!