Real Food Recipe of the Week: Leftover Turkey & Bean Soup
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tsp. coconut
- Leftover shredded turkey
- 3 tsp. chipotles in adobo sauce, blended
- 2 cans organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups black beans
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan, and add in your turkey. Cook just long enough to brown (about 3 minutes, usually.)
- Add in the chipotles, broth and beans, mix together, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a medium-low, and simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add in half the cilantro and your salt, and stir. Cook about 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Serve up in individual bowls, and top with the remaining cilantro.
If you have limes, this dish tastes great with a quick squeeze of lime juice over top. Hope you all had a wonderful, delicious and, hopefully, healthy Thanksgiving!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!