Real Food Recipe of the Week: Mango Steak Kebabs
Everyone loves steak, but not everyone has the time to cook it. You have to clean the grill, marinade the meat overnight, and then slave over a hot fire for it for what seems like hours.
One meal just isn’t worth all that. And when you’re a busy parent like I am you simply don’t have the TIME for it.
Once in a while I will crave steak, and when I do I use this delicious kebab recipe. Quick, simple and easy, you’ll have delicious steak on your plate in just an hour.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb. sirloin, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flake
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1/3 tsp. cayenne
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, pepper and cayenne to a pan, and heat on low heat for about 5 minutes. Add in the mango, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, remove it from the heat and pour into a glass baking dish. Add in your cubed steak, cover with tin foil, and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- After marinating is done, build your skewers, alternating between steak, bell pepper, onion and cherry tomato.
- Put skewers on a hot grill, and cook about 10 minutes. Then, serve hot.
I like to serve the kebabs with a side of brown rice, a dark green salad, and fresh fruit.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!