Real Food Recipe: Organic Veggie Frittata
Tired of the same old breakfast smoothie or protein shake every morning? Then try this simple organic veggie frittata. Warm, healthy and full of good-for-you organic veggies, you’ll love this delicious change of pace.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 dozen free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small head of organic broccoli, cut and stems removed
- Handful of organic baby spinach
- 1 organic sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375, and melt coconut oil in iron skillet (or other oven safe pan) over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and saute until translucent and soft. Next, throw in the garlic, and cook for just one minute more.
- Now, stir in the broccoli florets and sweet potato, and let cook for about 5 minutes. You want them both to be cooked, but still a little firm. Now add in baby spinach.
- While the veggies are cooking, crack open your eggs and whisk them together in a large bowl. Add in the coconut milk and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and stir all the ingredients together. Once the bottom has begun to set, remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle the parsley overtop, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and serve warm.
This recipe is also great for leftovers, so if you want some healthy breakfast meals for next week, consider doubling up and making extra.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!