Real Food Recipe of the Week: Warm & Hearty Veggie Bake
What more could you want?
Healthy, hearty and delicious, this is one dish you’ve got to try. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 zucchini squash, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 sweet potato or yam, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- ½ fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350, and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Sprinkle your zucchini and eggplant with salt, and let them sit on a towel or plate for about 15 minutes to soften.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and melt the coconut oil. Then, add in your sliced veggies and cook each side for about 3 minutes, or until soft. You may need to do this in batches, depending on how big your pan is. Once done, set the veggies aside, and let drain on a paper towel.
- Add the tomatoes, water, basil, garlic and a pinch of pepper, and puree until smooth.
- Put one scoopful of the sauce at the bottom of your baking dish, and add one layer of eggplant, zucchini and sweet potato over top. Put another scoopful of sauce on top, and continue this process, until all veggies have been used.
- Place in the oven, and bake for about 40 minutes.
If you want this dish to taste even more like lasagna, consider a vegan cheese – like cashew or almond. Just crumble some over the top during the last 10 minutes of baking, and let it melt until you’re ready to serve. I promise it won’t disappoint. 🙂
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!