The Secret Health Benefits of Herbs & Spices
You know how good fruits and veggies are for your health, but did you also know that fresh herbs and spices can also have a powerful effect on your well-being?
- Ginger – A common ingredient in Asian dishes, ginger has a number of health advantages. It can help with digestion, reduce nausea, clear out the sinuses, and even relieve aches and pains.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is a great source of fiber, and there are even studies that show it reduces blood sugars and cholesterol.
- Cumin – Cumin is another spice that can help lower blood sugar. It’s also great at boosting your immune system and preventing stomach ulcers, and it’s a good source of magnesium, iron, and calcium.
- Cilantro – Cilantro is high in Vitamin K, which helps strengthen your bones and improves your body’s blood clotting abilities.
- Ginseng – This root offers a great boost to your immune system, and it can help reduce stress and improve cognitive ability. It’s even been shown to slow colorectal cancer and lower blood sugar levels.
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg helps your body fight off bacteria and it offers a huge helping of fiber. It’s also a great anti-inflammatory, so it can help relieve pain, too.
- Saffron – This Middle Eastern spice can treat PMS, depression, and even asthma. Bonus: it’s also said to be an aphrodisiac.
- Tumeric – Research has found that by extracting a natural compound called “curcumin” from turmeric, we have a powerful way to treat diseases. In fact, curcumin is being touted by health professionals as “all-in-one solution” for good health. This natural medicine is an amazing botanical ingredient that treats almost every disease and illness, including: inflammatory diseases, wound healing, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, depression and cancer.
These are just a few of the amazing spices and herbs that can give your health a boost. Try working a few into your menu this week and see how you feel.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!