Signs You’re Not Eating the food YOUR body Needs
Food isn’t meant to just taste good. It fuels our body, gives us energy, and keeps us going throughout the day. If we choose the right foods our bodies work at their optimum levels – our minds are quick, our muscles are strong, and we feel great. If we choose the wrong ones, we get sick, we gain weight and we lack energy.
So how do you know which group you fall into? Even if you don’t have a cheeseburger for lunch every day you could still be committing major diet faux pas that are hurting your health and your body.
Want to know if you’re fueling your body right? Be on the lookout for these major signs that may indicate it’s time for a new diet:
- You’re regularly “stopped up.” If you’re eating a diet that’s healthy and high in fiber, you should be having a bowel movement at least once a day. Going once every few days or once a week is simply not healthy. You need to eliminate that waste regularly – and often!
- Your sex drive is low. The healthier you are, the healthier your libido is. If your sex drive is lacking or you’re just not interested in doing the deed, it could mean your body’s not getting the vitamins and minerals it needs.
- You’re not sleeping well. Making unhealthy, poor food choices doesn’t just affect us during the day – it affects us at night, too. It can cause insomnia, make you restless, or just plain make it hard to get a good night’s sleep. If this sounds like you, consider making dietary changes and see how your sleep patterns react.
- You’re a grouchy bear. When your body gets the nutrients it needs, it elevates your mood and improves your demeanor. When you eat unhealthily, however, your mood is adversely affected. You get cranky, irritable and unfriendly, and you’re just no fun to be around.
- You don’t have any energy. When you start eating healthy, the first thing you’ll notice is increased energy across the board. You might not even need that morning cup of coffee if you’re really doing it right! If you’ve been feeling a little lethargic, sluggish or simply tired all the time, it could be indicative of a poor diet. Too much junk food, too few nutrients and not enough protein can all affect energy levels significantly.
Have you notice any of these signs in your life? If so, it may be time to make a dietary change. Consider hopping on the Paleo bandwagon with me! It helped me lose 75 pounds, and it could help you in your goals, too.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!