“Z” is Last But Not Least
You can eat all the veggies you want and work out everyday, but if you’re not getting enough sleep you’re still not operating at your best.
A few reasons why Zzzz is vital:
- Sleep directly ties into a number of health problems, like hypertension, stroke, obesity, metabolic issues, depression and more. The less sleep you get the more likely you are to experience these problems.
- Lack of sleep can lead to irritability, moodiness and rage. If it continues past a day or two it can start to affect emotional responses, memory, concentration skills and even speech.
- Sleep helps improve cognitive function and even makes it easier to commit newly learned information to memory.
- Not getting enough sleep can weaken the immune system, making it harder to ward off diseases, viruses and other health problems.
- Sleep helps your body maintain a proper hormonal balance, and it plays into how well your body responds to insulin. The less sleep you get, the less your body responds to insulin, and in time you could experience high blood sugar, obesity, and diabetes.
- Sleep is the key to proper growth, development and fertility. If you’re still growing or you’re looking to get pregnant, getting an adequate amount of sleep (six to eight hours) is crucial.
Sleep is just as important to our bodies as what we put in it. So if you’re taking the time to eat right and exercise, make sure to set aside plenty of time for rest, too. It will amplify your fat loss results and improve your health.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!