Snacks That Won’t Hurt Your Health
We’re well into winter now. Doesn’t this chilly weather make you want to curl up on the couch with a bucket of popcorn and great black-and-white movie?
Sadly, buttery popcorn is no longer in the cards for me, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still have a fun movie night with the family. It just means that now I make healthier choices. Check out some of my go-to options:
- Cauliflower popcorn – Replace buttery popcorn with some crispy cauliflower popcorn instead. Just cut off the florets from a head of cauliflower, toss them in olive oil and salt, and roast them on 425 for about an hour. Make sure to turn them a few times as they cook, so they get extra crispy and crunchy.
- Hummus and veggies – Forget fried chips and salsa. Try this healthy dip instead. Get some hummus (or even better, make your own) and slice up cucumbers, carrots and celery for dipping.
- Deviled eggs – Nothing says finger food like a deviled egg. Go for a healthy version and swap the mayo most people use and try avocado instead.
- Trail mix – Want something crunchy to munch on? Make a homemade trail mix. Grab some almonds, cashes, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and more, and mix everything together.
- Veggie chips – Just toss some thinly sliced veggies in olive oil and sea salt, bake at a high heat, and you’ll forget Doritos ever existed.
With these delicious snacks you’ll be well on your way to a healthy movie night.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!