Join the Real Food Lifestyle: Step 3 – Stocking Your Pantry
The Purge is over and your refrigerator is now completely empty.
Since “food is our medicine,” it’s now time to fill the refrigerator back up with the proper medicine.
On my Real Food Lifestyle journey I’ve learned what snack items are good to always have on hand, what substitutes work best for cooking, and what food to always have in stock. I’ve compiled some of my favorite foods together in a checklist.
- Justin’s natural almond butter
- Various vinegars – apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar , red wine vinegar
- Nuts – cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts
- Chicken, veggie, and beef broth
- Various flours – Almond, coconut, and brown rice fl our
- Organic, unrefined coconut oil and organic, virgin olive oil
- Dried fruits (not those sweetened with sugar)
- Raw Manuka honey and pure maple syrup
- Organic Pumpkin puree
- Organic diced tomatoes
- Brown rice
- Gluten-free noodles made from brown rice
- Organic coconut milk and coconut water
- Wild tuna, tilapia and salmon
- Bacon, sausage, steak, chicken and other free-range, grass-fed, organic meats
- Lots of organic, seasonal fruit
- Organic baby spinach and other dark green leafy veggies
- Onions, shallots, garlic, ginger
- Squash, zucchini, cucumber, swiss chard, broccolini, avocado
- Organic, free-range eggs
- Lemons and limes
- Sweet potatoes
- Fresh herbs, including basil, cilantro, mint and rosemary
Remember, planning out your meals will help you stay on track with your new eating plan, and it will make grocery shopping much easier – especially with all these new, healthy foods you’re buying. It’s also a good idea to invest in some nice glass, stainless steel, or plastic Tupperware containers. That way you can always bring your healthy food and snacks with you, and won’t feel the need to stop off and get processed food when you’re hungry. When I travel I always take my food with me in Tupperware containers in my carry-on.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!