Today’s Recipe: Banana Pancakes – Paleo Style
We’ve been talking about the Paleo diet all week, so today I’d like to share with you one of my favorite recipes: banana pancakes. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a kid-friendly “breakfast dinner,” these babies are chock full of nutrients and minerals, and best of all, they’re delicious. So give them a try yourself!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Fruit, organic maple syrup, nuts or other desired toppings
And here’s how to make them!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.)
- With a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer), blend up the coconut milk, mashed banana, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients one large spoonful at a time until combined. (Be sure there are no clumps of flour left!)
- Heat a griddle to 350 degrees (if you don’t have one, a regular frying pan heated to medium on the stovetop with work, too). Coat with a thin layer of coconut oil. Personally, I like to use coconut oil spray – it’s very easy in these situations.
- Pour pancake batter onto griddle in whatever size/shape you like. I prefer smaller ones (think silver-dollar sized) as they’re easier to flip and manage. Once you’ve poured the batter, use the backside of a spoon to spread them out evenly.
- Cook until the pancakes start to bubble (usually about 2 to 3 minutes.) Then, flip them over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes on the other side. Remove from griddle and place on plate.
- Top with maple syrup, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, nuts or anything else you’re craving! (Be sure it’s Paleo-friendly of course!)
And there you have it: a warm, delicious, and most importantly, nutritious meal! Hope you enjoy it as much as my kids and husband do! J Check back every Wednesday for more great Paleo recipes just like this one.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!