How to Make the Perfect Salad
We all know that organic, dark green salads are healthy. But do they taste good? Well, not everyone thinks so.
Many people can’t stand salad. They think it’s boring, bland, and definitely not a satisfying meal. They’re willing to eat healthier – but just consuming leaves on a plate? No thanks.
Want to eat healthier but aren’t down with tasteless salads? I don’t like boring salads either. Have some fun incorporating some of these delicious, healthy ingredients, and you can create your own unique and perfect salad:
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries – they’re all great ways to add sweetness, flavor, and antioxidants to an otherwise bland salad.
- Meat – Want your salad to be a filling meal? Add some protein to it. I add 4-6 oz. of grilled chicken or baked salmon, depending on what I’m in the mood for.
- Seafood – Cutting back on meat? Try seafood instead. Grilled salmon or tuna are delicious additions to your greens. They’ll help you stay full longer and they’ll give you plenty of healthy Omega-3s.
- Seeds and Nuts – Instead of throwing unhealthy croutons on your salad, try slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds or salba seeds. They’ll give the salad a crunch while also giving you fiber, protein and healthy fats.
- Herbs – Just a handful of herbs can go a long way in ramping up a salad’s flavor. Try a bit of fresh basil, some cilantro, or even a sprig parsley.
- Peppers – Peppers of all kinds are great in salads. They add crunch and are packed with flavor. Try bell, sweet, or even jalapeno peppers.
- Avocado – Avocados aren’t just delicious; they’re good for you as well. They’re full of monounsaturated fats (the good kind), and they’re super filling. Avocados also happen to be great for the skin.
Make your own salad dressing out of natural, healthy ingredients. I make my own dressing and it’s delicious. Here’s my recipe:
- Blood Orange fused olive oil
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Black pepper
- Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt
Just Mix ingredients together to taste, vigorously shake, then lightly drizzle over your salad. YUM.
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!