Top 7 Ways to Achieve Your New Year’s Goals
New Year’s Eve has come and gone, but those resolutions are still ringing in your ears.
Have you started working toward your goals yet? If so, are you still enthusiastic and excited about them? If you haven’t yet begun, why not? Are you scared of not seeing success?
The truth is, resolutions are a hard game to play. You’re either scared to get started (for fear of failure), or you dive in head first, only to have your enthusiasm wane by mid-February.
I don’t want either of these to happen to you. I want you to be as successful as possible with your New Year’s resolutions, and I want you to achieve all that you set out to. So to help, I’ve got some inspiring, goal-achieving tips for you. Follow these, and your resolution will be within reach in no time:
1. Have an action plan. Set out a series of small steps and milestones that will allow you to reach your goal. Map out when you want to have each milestone accomplished, and write down what action you will take each day, week, and month to make your goal a reality.
2. Keep a journal. Take detailed notes of your journey. Each day, write down what you did that propelled you further toward your goal. Also be sure to jot down what you plan to do the next day, week, and the next month to continue progressing. This will keep you on track and motivated to achieve your ultimate goal.
3. Be flexible. To accomplish something you’ve never accomplished before, you have to behave in way you’ve never behaved. That means not getting stuck in old habits or routines just because you’re used to them. If you want new results you have to be willing to try new tactics and get out of your comfort zone. It’s the only way to make your goals a reality.
4. Visualize it. I’ve talked about visualization before, and it can be a great tool when working towards your NYE resolution. It will really help drive home your goals, and inspire you to achieve. Learn more about visualization in this past post.
5. Share the journey. Even if you don’t have the same resolution as your spouse or best friend, take time to include them in your journey. Tell them what your goals are, how you plan to achieve them and, most importantly, how they can help support you along the way. This will give you a sounding board as you work toward your goal, and it will also give you some
6. Create the right environment. Change the environment around you to be in sync with your goals. If you want to lose weight, clear out the fridge and pantry of unhealthy items, and stock up on real, whole, nutritious foods instead. You need to alter your environment to make your goals as easy and achievable as possible, and you want to clear away any potential hurdles that could stop you.
7. Reward yourself. Make sure you’re acknowledging the steps your taking to make your resolution come true. Love yourself and be your own best friend. Once you’ve made progress, reward yourself with something small – a new book, a relaxing day in the sun, a massage. Just make sure it’s not something that conflicts with your goal (like chocolate cake, if you’re trying to lose weight.)
I hope these tips help you achieve your New Year’s resolutions and goals. Remember, only YOU have the power to change your life. You can do it!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!