Yeast Could be Killing You
When I was at my heaviest – more than 70 pounds ago – my body was overrun with yeast. Not the kind that immediately comes to mind, but the kind that invades your whole body. I was lethargic, depressed and just plain miserable. Though yeast is a supposed to be a healthy bacteria – one that aids in digestion and gut health – my levels had run amok. A diet high in sugars, refined carbs, and alcohol had filled my body with the stuff, and I was feeling the effects of it every minute of every day.
Once I recognized that yeast overgrowth was a problem, I completely changed my eating habits and implemented a strict workout plan. I adopted the Paleo lifestyle, I drank far less alcohol, I reduced my stress levels, and I started making my health a priority. Since then, I’ve felt healthier and happier than ever before.
If you’re having the same feelings – lethargy, fatigue, depression, just an altogether “off” feeling – then yeast overgrowth may very well be a problem for you, too. Here are some signs that your body might need a change:
- You’re always tired, even after a full night of sleep, or you suffer from fibromyalgia, TMJ or other nighttime pain conditions.
- You have difficulty concentrating, a poor memory and an inability to focus.
- You’re suffering from skin issues like rashes, hives, eczema or psoriasis.
- You have regular, strong cravings for carbs and sugars.
- You have seasonal allergies, itchy ears or regular sinus infections.
- You’re irritable, moody, anxious or depressed.
- You suffer from autoimmune diseases, like thyroiditis, arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis or ulcerative colitis.
- You have regular bloating, diarrhea or constipation.
- You often get nail and skin infections, like athlete’s foot.
If you have any of these symptoms, yeast overgrowth may be affecting your body. See your family doctor, and have them run a blood test, stool test and urine organix dybiosis test. These will help determine if yeast is, indeed, an issue. Next week, we’ll talk about how to treat yeast overgrowth and help your body get healthy and feeling great. Stay tuned!
~ Be Happy, Healthy and Fit in Mind, Body and Spirit ~ Visit DiviniFit.com for daily health, fitness & lifestyle tips ~
Get posts directly to your inbox!